World Fashion Council Graduate & Member Previews New Line & Television Show Tonight
Written by Various Sources
Tuesday, 24 November 2009
Judy CrowellJudy Crowell, World Fashion Council Graduate & Member,Previews Her New Line & Television Show Tonight. Watch Judy tonight on ShopNBC at 9EST. Judy's show is also available online via streaming media at ShopNBC.com. Unless they've already sold-out, early selections from her new line can also be found online ShopNBC.com
Judy Crowell Launches New Fashion & Accessories Collection on ShopNBC
Minneapolis, MN — Monday, November 23,2009- ShopNBC, the premium lifestyle brand in electronic retailing, announced today that Judy Crowell, television shopping industry veteran and fashion trend forecaster, has joined the network as the inspiration and designer of the new show series, "Judy Crowell Collection." Ms. Crowell will premiere on ShopNBC Tuesday, November 24 at 2 am and 9 pm ET. As part of the network's ShopNBC Anywhere initiative, customers can shop via cable and satellite TV; mobile devices (iPhone and iPod Touch); online at www.ShopNBC.com, and streamed live at www.ShopNBC.TV.
Judy Crowell brings over 20 years of television experience to ShopNBC. She began her career as a TV correspondent, then as a TV shopping host. Ms. Crowell's career led her to fashion hot spots around the world, including Monte Carlo, Basel, Milan, and Hong Kong, where she developed a global sense of style. Ms. Crowell is certified as a trend forecaster from the World Fashion Council.
The Judy Crowell Collection will feature fashion outerwear and accessories for women seeking to update their wardrobe and help create a polished look. Designed to enhance rather than replace a woman's wardrobe, the Judy Crowell Collection also caters to women searching for timeless and affordable accessories. Viewers will be surprised and delighted with the newest trends in handbags, coats, sunglasses, scarves and more, along with Ms. Crowell's advice on where and how to wear each piece.
Judy Crowell's Key Accessories for Holiday 2009:
- Paisley Scarf (S51183). Key accessory for the season, the scarf adds instant sophistication to any outfit.
- Crackle Finish Clutch (S50996). Add a little ooh la la to last year's little black dress.
- Braid Detail Shopper Handbag (S50997). Look pulled together and stay organized with this handy tote that shifts from work to play.
"We are pleased to welcome Judy and her collection to the ShopNBC family," said Cindy Chen-Derkacz, ShopNBC's Vice President of Fashion. " Her sense of style and trend insight is long-admired by her loyal viewers and industry experts. Judy's presentation style is not only entertaining, but will also educate viewers with effortless ways to create a timeless and polished look. Judy and her collection are an exciting addition to our fashion category, as we continue to build an array of wardrobe options that work for the busy lifestyles of ShopNBC customers."
ShopNBC links for Judy Crowell:
Early Evaluations of Judy Crowell's Line:
From the QVC forum 11/23/2009 comments about Judy's new line:
- "Love the paisley scarf..her handbags are cute!"
- "Now there is a Classy Lady"
- "I'm loving that Braid Detail Shopper Handbag in the Luggage Color - and I vowed to myself "no more handbags for me this year"
- "I like the cross body bag and I do need a purse but I will have to see it presented. I always liked her on QVC and HSN."
- "I wish her the best. I always liked here here on QVC."
- "The main reason I would be interested in trying one of her bags is that I always felt that Judy is a "classy lady" with a great sense of style. "
- "Personally, I would take the "leap" and try out her handbag line. Especially since there is one I really like - trying sooooo hard not to order. "
- "I was over on the site today and was pleasantly surprised to see her things there! She's one of my personal favorite hosts in shopping tv land."
- "She's on right now, and looks great!"
- "I thought her line was very nice. I also liked the fold over bag. Like everyone says, she is a really classy lady."
Judy Crowell Interview with Miss Moss, theHomeShoppingista
Q: Tell me a little bit about the collection that you're doing for ShopNBC.
JC: It's a collection really of accessories, outerwear and sportswear.
When somebody is putting together a style for themselves, it's a matter of so many different elements, especially in this economy when people are really trying to be careful and even consignment shops are saying that their business is down. People are hanging on to their wardrobes longer.
So what do you do when you have this urge to feel new and feel fresh to liven up that wardrobe? Accessories just seems to be such an obvious choice.
So with a collection of great scarves, or a fun little handbag that you throw on, or a great pair of sunglasses or a brand new belt, a hat, whatever it happens to be, it's sort of that finishing touch that can really make you feel updated.
Back to Press